We want to hear from you. Let us know what you think about services and changes taking place. Below are the current consultations and consultations we have conducted and the results of our recently closed consultations.
Review of Social Media and Young People ( deadline Tuesday 4 April 2017).
The Council has convened an Overview and Scrutiny Review Panel, made up of six councillors, to examine the benefits and opportunities social media presents for young people, along with the potential risks and harm it can pose.
The review is examining how social media is being used by young people and the advantages it offers in developing their personal, social and educational skills. It is also looking at what information and guidance is available nationally and locally to young people and their families to mitigate the risks associated with its use.
It would be much appreciated if you could forward this article on to parents and carers, as the Panel would welcome their views in relation to:
· Their experiences of how young people are using social media (positives and risks)?
· If they had concerns about how young people were using social media; how would they report them and where would they go for help and advice?
· Do they monitor how young people using social media?
· How have they been made aware of the potential risks of young people using social media?
· What is the most effective way of raising awareness of potential issues with parents and carers?
Please feel free to provide any additional comments, which you feel the Panel should be aware of.
It would be much appreciated if responses could be forwarded to:
Sarah Baxter (Principal Committee Services Manager)
Deadline: Tuesday 4 April 2017.
Thank you in anticipation for your help and the Panel looks forward to hearing from you soon.
Health Watch Survey's on Careers/Education, Health Provision and Social lives:
Unfortunately, we didn't receive any responses to the surveys, so there are no results to publish.
Thank you to everyone who completed the questionnaires. Below are the results of the previous surveys.
Therapies Questionnaire Results (word document 1.37kb - opens in new window)
Leisure Centre Services Questionnaire
Leisure Centre Services Questionnaire Results (Word document 17.5kb - opens in new window)