Other Support Services


Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) (Social Care)

If you are worried about a child/young person or think that they might be at risk of harm, abuse or neglect, you can contact the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) to log your concern and receive advice:
Tel: (01482) 395500    
Email: childrens.socialcare@eastriding.gcsx.gov.uk

For more information visit the EHaSH page on the East Riding of Yorkshire Council website (External council website - opens in new window)

ERSCB Threshold Guidance - update June 2016 (pdf 715kb opens in new window)

Children’s Disability and Health Team

The East Riding children's disability & health team work with children and young people aged 0-18 years who have the 
most severe and complex disabilities, or life limiting conditions, that effect learning and/or physical development and have a major impact on the quality of life.

View more information on Children's Disability Team in the Local Offer directory

Securing sufficient accommodation for Looked After Children statement and process for placement finding.

Guidance requires that, from April 2010, local authorities should include their plans for meeting the sufficiency, duty in the relevant commissioning strategies and that from April 2011, they must be in a position to secure, where reasonably practicably, sufficient accommodation for looked after children within their area.

This document sets out how East riding of Yorkshire Council, aim to meet the sufficiency duty and its priorities for action over the coming year:

Securing Sufficient Accommodation For Looked After Children Statement ( pdf, 286kb opens in new window) 

Siblings Support

This service is for children and young people under the age of 18 who have a brother or sister with a serious illness or disability which has an impact on their physical or emotional well-being.

Sibling Support Information Leaflet (pdf 708kb, opens in new window)

Young Carers Support

This service is for children and young people under the age of 18 who undertake higher levels of care for the family because a member of the family has a disability or health condition.

Young Carers Support Information Leaflet (pdf 892kb, opens in new window)

Carers Support Service

Support for carers of adults (18+ years) with disabilities and health conditions across the East Riding.

View more information on the Carers' Support Service in the Local Offer Directory

Changing Places

Changing Places toilets have enough space and the right equipment, including a height adjustable changing bench and a hoist for people who cannot use standard accessible toilets.

For more information visit the Changing Places website (external website)


A special key that allows you to use locked disabled toilets anywhere in the UK. You can apply for a RADAR key at your local Customer Service Centre. Just show your Shop and Save card to show your family is eligible. The keys cost £2.50.

For more information visit the East Riding of Yorkshire Council website (External council website - opens in new window)

Blue Badge

The Blue Badge scheme provides a range of parking concessions for people with severe mobility problems who have difficulty using public transport, so that they can park close to where they need to go.

For information about eligibility and applying for a Blue Badge, please visit a Customer Service Centre or view the relevant page on the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's website (opens in new window).

Or visit GOV.UK (external website, opens in new window) for more information from the Department for Transport.

Home alterations - Aids & adaptions

For more information on home alterations, aids  adaptations, please use the links below:

Council tenants - Adaptations for Disabled Occupants (External council website - opens in new window)

Private housing - Request Equipment (External council website - opens in new window)

Humberside Fire and Rescue - Juvenile Firesetters Intervention Scheme

Humberside Fire and Rescue run an intervention scheme designed to minimise the risk of children who are fascinated with or play with fire from starting fires.

Please click on the link below to visit the Humberside Fire and Rescue Safeguarding page and to apply for the intervention scheme.

Safeguarding - Humberside Fire and Rescue Website (external website)

FISH Family Service Directory

For information about other services, please follow the link to the FISH website

FISH Family Service Directory (external council website - opens in a new window).